Direct Member Benefits
You are automatically enrolled as part of your dues payment. All individual AFSA members in good standing (whose names are on file at the AFSA National Office) are covered under the AFSA Legal Action Trust.
- Occupational Liability
- Professional Liability
- Accidental Death
- Total Disability
AFSA Direct Benefits are part of the AFSA Legal Action Trust which has an aggregate annual maximum of $75,000 for all members.
All individual AFSA members in good standing (whose names are on file at the AFSA National Office) have the opportunity to enroll in any of the AFSA endorsed insurance programs.
- Term Life Plan
- Disability Income
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- $2 Million Catastrophe Major Medical Insurance
- 50 Plus Long Term Care
- Underwritten by General Electric Capital Assurance Company and GE Capital Life Assurance Company in New York.
Union membership has its rewards. All individual AFSA members in good standing (whose names are on file at the AFSA National Office) have the opportunity to enroll in any of the AFSA endorsed Union Privilege programs.
- AFSA Endorsed Credit Card Program
- Union Plus Loan Program
- Union Privilege Legal Services
- Union Member Mortgage and Real Estate
- Car Rental Discounts
- Union-Made Checks
- Union Member Dental/Vision Program
- Union Plus Health Savings
- National Ear Care Plan
- Walt Disney World Hotel Discount
- Union Plus DIRECTV Discount Program
- Senior Term Life
- Union Member Flower Service
- North American Van Lines
- Education Resources Discount
- Union Plus Education Loans
- Union Plus Motor Club
- Counseling and support in grievance actions
- Information through newsletters
- Negotiation of MOU (contract) and salary scale
- Activities for member sharing and networking
- Representation in local, state, and national unions
- Maintain communication with executive officer and New Board of School Commissioners